£18000 - £18000 Per Annum Travel Paid, 29 days holiday plus bank holidays, Health and Dental Plan, s
As a result of the ongoing success and growth of the business, we are recruiting for an apprentice accountant.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Accounts Team providing assistance and support to the rest of the business; duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Liaising with subcontractors and suppliers (on the phone) to resolve queries
- Learning both the Purchase ledger & Subcontractor Ledger to provide additional support to the team as required (and ultimately being responsible for the Purchase Ledger and elements of the Subcontractor Ledger)
- Processing subcontractor payments for retention releases
- Issuing monthly cost reports to the relevant commercial managers
- Being responsible for chasing up all sub-contractors for any outstanding authenticated receipts and issuing monthly reports on such
- Liaise with COINS regarding support queries and their resolution
- Checking all invoices for errors and resolving any issues
- Assist the Financial Controller with Financial Year End and Audit preparation
- Other ad-hoc duties and assignments that arise from time to time
This is a trainee role so full support for professional qualifications will be given. However, the successful candidate should display the following skills and qualities:
- A passion for the task and an ability to be proactive at all times
- Confidence to multi-task and prioritise a demanding workload in a fast-paced office environment which may include multiple interruptions whilst still meeting strict deadlines and maintaining the highest level of accuracy at all times.
- An ability to work efficiently and independently at a high rate, completing tasks with minimal supervision demonstrating initiative, flexibility and adaptability.
- A strong team player who is keen to learn and develop skills within the whole department.
- You must be fully computer literate with demonstrable experience in Excel.
Benefits (there are lots)
- Paid travel (not a loan)
- Private medical and dental
- Life insurance and life assurance
- 29 days holiday (28 days plus one special occasion day, does not include bank holidays)
- Study support AAT and more
RIGHT TO WORK
This position does not provide sponsorship, you must be eligible to work in the UK otherwise your application will not be considered.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE (NO SPEC CVS, NO CALLS, NO EMAILS)
BW is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applicants from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
< Back to vacancies